View Single Post
Old 13-03-2005, 04:27 PM   #9
The MaDDeSTMaN
No longer driving a Ford.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3man
Mate, try the loctite now you have it but I doubt it will hold the pressure. Don't know 'till ya givvit a go!!

Helicoil kits are available at some auto parts outlets but more likely at a local engineering supplies shop. Any machine shops near you? - they will have them.

The helicoil is a new thread that you wind into the hole. You have to drill it out oversize and then put the new thread in with a tool supplied with the kit. All instructions are supplied. Just be sure to take your sample stud with you so the correct thread can be sourced. It is likely to be metric.
The locktite seems to be holding for now, but I am yet to actually drive the car, I did leave it idling for 1/2 an hour and it didn't leak a drop, but the real test will obviously be when I try driving it around the block.

I only need it to hold until I can get the Helicoil kit, so hopefully it holds until then...

Just thought I'd type a quick update, after driving it around the block a few times (which I'm about to do), I'll post again to tell you all if it held, or if it leaked water everywhere.

Wish me luck
The MaDDeSTMaN is offline   Reply With Quote