Old 06-08-2020, 12:23 PM   #101
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Default Re: Buying a Used car - Payment

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercuryT View Post
People on here are fantastic.

But still accepting or paying cash plain idiotic to me.

Been eye-opening how far behind people are in basic transactions so no wonder Bank people find it so frustrating!!!

I doubt less that 1% of people turn to Harvey Norman with 15K cash in a bag to buy their next stove and range hood.

Oh but no, "Cash is King".....LOL
Your a beauty.
Calling people idiotic is uncalled for starters.
People far behind ? WTF would you know about anybodies backgrounds.
I think your lack of undersstanding people's POV is more so the issue at hand.
As for your Harvey Norman example here's another take on it.
IMO any moderate transaction and up for eg $2-3k upwards.
Most people would take advantage on their interest free offers instead of using the liquid at hand (if they have it that is) for its a home appliance/white goods/furniture etcetc.....and smart pruchasing.
Just as having cash on hand is smart as well.
Here as most are enthusiasts its a totally different purchase, most are informed what their buying, a passion buy or otherwise AND mostly a Private Sale.
Cash is still King in the big picture (and what of electronic outages ? and its so secure ? yer right, you don't know of anyone who has had their account hacked ? ) and I haven't noticed that folding paper is fazed out as yet like you make out it to be due to electronic banking.
Sure DD transactions are growing and growing - but until the day arrives that paper notes are NOT being printed ever again cash still has its advantages.
You just don't wish to see it that way good luck to you but don't belittle others that see it the other way but more so use BOTH in any case.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
9 users like this post: