View Single Post
Old 10-12-2008, 11:56 AM   #52
gtxb67
moderator ford coupe club

Quote:
Originally Posted by coupegirl
trixie now wears rubys mags and tyres tho interesting to note that when they were fitted they scrubbed out badly on the front at as little as 1/3rd lock, making her undriveable..problem INSTANTLY solved by replacing the front 60 series with 50 series, still 225s, tyres are the right height all round, she handles better and no scrubbing at all..
hey pam
looking at the side on pic of trixie in the other thread, the wheels (caster i think) may be set to the rear of the car slightly. when i bought my new wheels, the tyres scrubbed on full lock. the tyres were 235x60x15. post 19 has a pic of where they scrubbed. the tyre place wanted to move the wheel forward, but i insisted on 225x50x15 and the problem went away. from side on the wheel should be centred in the wheel arch. it doesn't really matter if it is forward or back slightly. it just gives a slighly different wheel base

obviously with 225x50 it does not matter, but you could probably fit larger diamater and width if the feeling ever arose. i believe 245x50 would fit, but only bf goodrich make them and they are much more expensive than bridgestone potenza's
gtxb67 is offline   Reply With Quote