View Single Post
Old 24-09-2021, 02:30 PM   #23
Metdevil

Default Re: 1971 xy phase 3 auction

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoesgift View Post
ive often wondered, for a serious bidder with serious money, why you would "bid" on a purchase like this so early in the piece? ie there is no point being a winning bidder with 3 weeks to go at for example 600k so yeah i believe there is a large element of chandelier bidding in such processes. as for 38000 miles its not relevant when the car is restored. that being said its a stunning car with lots of correct parts on it well known in GT circles as a non matching numbers car with no log books in a previous life
Sure is a stunning car, but $760k worth? Personally, I don't think so. And I certainly don't think it would be going for that much in a vacuum, without the auction house doing the valuation, and without this bubble that they themselves created.

If you do think it's worth that, then maybe you'd also be interested in a digital 3D image of a car for $20,000?
https://www.lloydsonline.com.au/LotD...&pgn=1&pgs=100

This listing also has its own little pyramid-esque scheme going on within it too, offering the owner 10% of future digital NFT sales. You can guarantee that after this listing, they're going drum up hype over the sale of NFT images of cars, which will drive more people to the site to buy more NFTs, creating another bubble, starting the cycle over again.
Metdevil is offline   Reply With Quote