View Single Post
Old 11-11-2021, 11:28 PM   #84
oldel
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Dent puller for au2 bonnett

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowsnake View Post
Already got a slapper, and for shrinking I use my heating torch, only butane, the heating disc costs too much, I like shrinking hammers, some hate em, panelbeaters and others swear by em?
But you get an old worn out sanding disc, use that as a shrinking disc, that's how that idea started, even when I took my paint off iused a sanding disc, once worn you have your heating disc!

But one of my neighbours complained about the tap-tap-tap driving his dog nuts, you never notice it when you are the one making the noise, lol,
He bought me a tin of Septone bog today, I think he's trying to tell me something, it's very echoey though, I just think I'm going over the top with this, I can't even hold the damn dolly properly, so may just skim the filler over it instead of all this mucking about, in reality it's only a bloody AU bonnet?......what am I thinking ��

But, it's been a good thread eh boys, and leesa!......
I'd get you a hammer if it would make your life easier but reading this thread I think you need time to recuperate as it's causing pain to swing a hammer right now. From the outset I thought getting a new bonnet would be easier and cheaper, but I know you want to follow this through especially as you've spent heaps on paint so I know the feeling. Give it a few days off, then come back saying you're chasing a bonnet (or instead still want a shrinking hammer and glue gun, whatever).

Personally I'd go a replacement bonnet and willing to help you pick one up and change over. But if you have a cunning plan to fix your old one that you could pull off in an arvo I'd stick around and help you see it through. If you're still up to the challenge in a week or two then you can have a lend of my mapp gas turbo torch, glue gun, hammers etc. I also have a mini oxy set I used for roof top brazing back in my air con days - it runs off mapp and oxy. E: oxy turbo 200 like this https://www.actrol.com.au/product/te...ng-m12-7001755
The tiny oxy cylinder is $60 for a refill and I think mines low or empty - I only used it when lugging up roof tops and my small cylinder, but it works it when you need real heat real fast for about 20min, and I'll see what I can do.

Last edited by oldel; 11-11-2021 at 11:42 PM.
oldel is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: