View Single Post
Old 14-02-2020, 05:28 PM   #14
mick taylor
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Was flake illegal in NSW?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
It's all over Vic, it's the 'standard' fish and chip shop battered fish

Mind you fish and chips isn't really on my radar when I'm out and about so I don't actively seek it out.

I don't think I've ever had anything else other than flake, except once in Brisbane at Clayfield seafood markets, that was the best fish and chips I've ever had.

I think the bar for fish and chip shops is pretty low, nothing has overly stood out except two experiences - Cornell's Blue Fin in Blairgowrie on the Mornington Peninsula (who wouldn't let me and my mates eat inside because they had a dress code - WTF?!) and Clayfield seafood markets who didn't seem so judgemental on the attire.
I come from QLD 1960's and people would come up from down south and talk about this flake = Small shark and I was like you southerners eat crap fish bro who would bother to eat shark I thought because it has no scales and us Jews do not eat such rubbish, the main thing with such is that the skin is the problem as such fish regardless rots, it goes off and sets off the flesh real fast. you can not eat the rubbish unless it's fresh caught and don't eat the skin at all.
I first ate this flak in 1985 I think, in QLD and it was real nice but it was real fresh, but down south I have always found that real fresh fish is really hard to come by and the flak down their was crap as is all sea food.

I moved down to Brisbane and the Gold Coast in 1988 and all the sea food is crap, shocking rubbish ! the Lobster is rubbish ! you name it, it's all crap and cost way too much.
A mate from up north came down to Suffers Parasite and had a fit, I said that's the way that it is down here, he did not believe me and went up the management and totally ranted about it all

Fresh fish is best and the best I have eaten was a red emperor caught and eaten for breaky within a hour in alfoil on the sand of woody island beach with nothing added but the plain fish on it's own and that way you are tasting the fish and you only add things to fish because it's crap fish.
mick taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: