View Single Post
Old 20-11-2010, 05:46 PM   #215
Paxton
Cobblers!

I've got a couple that I don't think have been mentioned yet.

1) People who don't indicate. Not just to change lanes, but not indicate at all. I'm not a bloody mind reader. If I was, I wouldn't still be sitting behind you. I had the misfortune of almost cleaning one up the other day when I veered into a turning lane, and then got on the power to try and catch the green light when moron in a Corolla just happens to be in front of me. No Blinkers, no nothing.

2) People who will stick to the School Zone speed limit outside of school zone hours, the weekend, or on School Holidays. Taren Point Road in Caringbah is case in point. Three Schools on the same stretch, with two School Zones. It should be a quick trip to the Captain Cook Bridge, especially at 70 Km/H, however the traffic on this road is a joke at the best of times, and it gets worse when Maurie and Dorothy can't remember what time the sign said regarding school zone times. These same people are often driving Camrys and in the Fast lane.

I couldn't give a toss if you're not doing the speed limit, or you want to overtake across an unbroken white line, but you need to remember that courtesy is a dying thing, and that nobody is a mind reader. You need to make your intentions clear from the outset.
Roses are red. Violets are blue. OS X rocks. Homage to you.