View Single Post
Old 13-08-2020, 02:02 PM   #181
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Default Re: chicken coop gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by XA Coupsta View Post
Hey everyone,

I was out at Grays Online Brisbane yard today and as I was driving out I saw an XB coupe parked up (but not listed) like around the side.

Jumped out of my car (I was literally driving out) and had a look, as I was a Manager or even Owner came and chatted with me. They were going to take photos of it and list it I think he said soon.

Anyway its a really rare one apparently, he had a heap of paperwork on it that claims this was one of only two 427's out of the factory.

Unfortunately it no longer had the 427 in it, it was given a GT 351 (his words). It was a Ford executives car and when he sold it they took the 427 out. Something along those lines.

It was in pretty rough shape but not diabolical, better than chicken coop. Had VIC plates with it XB 000 or something like that.

Anyway I'm sure we'll see it listed soon on Grays Online.

Coupsta
Sounds like one of Wayne Drapers cars. Or Peter Arcadapine. 2 Ford designers who did all sorts of cool stuff with hardtops. Including putting big blocks in them. And racing against each other on the steets.

They were 429's though. And they weren't a factory fitment technically. Cars were built with 351's and the big blocks were fitted later on.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
6 users like this post: