View Single Post
Old 29-06-2020, 02:46 PM   #1
El Venom
normality is boring
Donating Member1

Default Non starting au3 wagon

Hi. This I a bit of a long one.

I was helping someone out by swapping a starter motor out on thier au3 wagon. The car stopped running one day, was towed to a mechanic who did something around the ignition barrel and then said it was the starter. I fitted a 2nd hand starter for them as the mechanic had already charged these people over $500 and obviously the starter made no difference.

The dash, lights, fuel pump ect do what they should but car won't crank. I managed to connect a laptop to the car and using forscan found the car was immobilised. It also says no keys paired and that there is a eec communication fault related to the cluster amongst other sensors like fuel sender not working and ac and ps pressure faults.

My issue is how do I get the car started again. It has 2 non genuine keys the car was using prior to the vehicle stopping and forscan just keeps telling me programming has failed. This is for an elderly couple in a little country town and they need there car running asap and the local mechanic has already taken too much of thier money

Factory v8 with turbonetics 67mm turbo, haltech ecu, aeromotive and raceworks fuel system, cobra intake and a few custom bits thrown in
El Venom is offline   Reply With Quote