View Single Post
Old 08-07-2013, 06:48 PM   #39
rand0mn00b

Default Re: Ford Sat Nav Map Updates

Quote:
Originally Posted by KosCo View Post
The latest on Map updates for the LW Ford Focus --

I started this thread originally and really didn't expect that I would get much information. My thanks to everyone who took the time to add some comments here and particularly those who advised that V4 is available which is more information I gained here compared to what I was told when speaking to Ford Australia a couple of months ago.

I have now spoken to Ford CRC who confirmed that there is a V4 of the maps available but that I would have to arrange any upgrade through my local dealer.

I contacted the dealer who also confirmed that V4 was available as a "Spare Part". Cost of this spare part has been quoted as $250.

So this means that you could be buying a new car now (or recently) and get out of date maps in your car. You will then to pay a further $250 to upgrade to the latest maps. Not a bad way for Ford to add extra costs to buying a new car !!!

Thanks again for all comments.
this information may not help those of you who have owned your cars for a while, but if the sat nav software currently on those SD cards are iGO Primo then within 30 days of first initialising the navigation software you should be able to upgrade your maps free from http://www.naviextras.com/
rand0mn00b is offline   Reply With Quote