Thread: Overemployment
View Single Post
Old 27-06-2022, 02:33 PM   #16
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Overemployment

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 View Post
I also understand it is very rare, perhaps even non-existent, that any employment contract would state that you can't work for another employer at exactly the same, is sharing your employment time between two or more different employers.
Every single one of my full time contracts has had that clause, here and overseas. Only time I didn't have that clause was when I was contracting in London (which when you think about it, is odd, cos you'd think they would want a contractor's full undivided attention on the kind of daily rates!) If you want to earn extra cash, there are "workarounds", just do something that does not required you to be officially employed e.g. day trading.

One of my ex bosses wanted to do part time volunteering after hours, but for some reason it meant he had to be officially employed. He had to seek permission from the company, which of course, was granted.

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
T3rminator is online now   Reply With Quote