View Single Post
Old 14-08-2019, 12:47 AM   #6
thekovac
Starter Motor

Default Re: Ford Festiva WD-WF Service Manuals - possible to find one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTLEGEND View Post
Here is a couple of pages from the manual. It says to take the head off, but by judging from the images, I would think you could do on car but you would need to pressurise the combustion chamber with air to hold up the valves one by one and you would need an on car valve compressor to remove the spring instead of the one shown which needs the head off to compress. You would obviously need to take off the rocker gear and possibly the cam as well to gain access.

As for the manuals 98 on models are a supplement to the WB manual, so depending on what sections you were after you may need a combination of both. Ill ask around to see what I can find and let you know.

Attachment 101943
Wow that's heaps helpful!

I was planning to use the old rope in the spark plug hole method to hold up the valves. Do you think it could work on this engine?

I banked on having to take off rocker and cam gear. Was planning to replace the timing belt, pulleys, rocker cover gasket and dizzy seal while I was at it, but was hoping to skip having to worry about removing the head which is a pain.

Is the "SST" tool some ford OEM tool?
Couldn't just use a good G clamp?
thekovac is offline   Reply With Quote