View Single Post
Old 14-08-2019, 12:54 AM   #7
thekovac
Starter Motor

Default Re: Ford Festiva WD-WF Service Manuals - possible to find one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post
I think you have the WD (97 model) not the WF? 16 valve engines were dropped in 98 and replaced with lower power 8 valve units.

Look almost identical bar some slight interior and rear light changes.
Sorry yes its a WF model - it has clear indicators and is a 1999 model GLXi auto.

I was under the impression its the more common B5 16v ME. Didn't realise the Bastards at ford/kia downgraded the engine to the 8v one. Was there problems with the 16v to justify fitting a lower power engine?
At least there's less seals to replace then!

There must be some confusion even between mechanics too. I've been trying to get to the bottom of why her car is very hard to start in the cold morning, blowing smoke even at warm idle, and also burning quite a bit of oil. Did compression test, came up 115-130 psi across the cyclinders (which isn't too bad for a 160,000km engine) but doesn't lead me to think head gasket or piston ring failure. Pulled out spark plugs to find nasty white burnt plugs - why? because someone fitted the 1.3L BP5EY plugs.

I'm certain that she's got busted stem seals though now. All the signs point to it.
thekovac is offline   Reply With Quote