View Single Post
Old 15-09-2014, 07:56 PM   #200
marcyeo

Default Re: Ford Falcon BA-FG Coilovers

Quote:
Originally Posted by graphicgoose View Post
I played with the settings on my Shockworks today. First chance I've had to really give them a good test since having them fitted. I had to take the rear wheel off first to see where the adjuster for the rear dampener was, but now I know where it is it's easy enough to reach from under the car.

Definitely a night and day improvement in handling! The floaty boat characteristics are gone and the car feels much more composed. Grip feels to have increased and to be much more progressive and predictable.

There's also a much more noticeable difference between fully hard and fully soft than I found with the Teins in my old car. Fully soft with the Shockworks is great for just cruising around on, still has great handling but maintains almost OEM type levels of comfort. Fully hard is ridiculous! It's not painful, but it's uncomfortable. The car transmits every bump and bounces around heaps if there's bumps through a corner. Brett's recommendation of 3 on the front and 4 on the back (0 being the softest and 10 being the hardest) seems like a great compromise for spirited street driving. The suspension soaks up the bumps without unsettling the car and allows a heap of grip. The car also sits flats though the turns and doesn't jump around when you're on the limits of grip.

I'm pretty happy so far.

I should add too that a mate of mine had a drive this arvo. He'd driven it stock before and at the time thought it didn't inspire confidence through the twisties at all. He jumped in it today and his comment was "I'm actually really enjoying driving your car now, this is much better!" Just as a comparison, he's got Teins in his Monaro, so he's used to somewhat similar cars handling.
Great writeup Goose. Would you say on full soft the Shockworks are still softer a ride than the Teins would be? I've been thinking of getting a set of these, or some Bilsteins with H&R springs.

Shockworks only problem is they don't have anyone in Brisbane yet to install these, otherwise would have gotten a set long ago..

OLD
2010 FPV F6 FG - Herrod CAI, Pedders extreme XA's, Whiteline fr & rear swaybars, PWR stepped IC, injectors, turbo dump pipe with Venom cat, Herrod piping kit = 350rwkw
marcyeo is offline   Reply With Quote