View Single Post
Old 01-09-2020, 12:05 PM   #130
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Default Re: Ambitious China

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
I take comfort in the knowledge that the world has learnt from the past, and will not let the 40s repeat, irrespective of ideologies, beliefs or governing systems. And by "world" i don't mean just the US.

The way it is playing out, this whole thing is looking like it has little to do with fighting for "freedom" and "justice". But everything to do with economic and technological dominance. Although you can use propaganda of one to achieve the other. Huawei, tiktok, alibaba are prime examples, it seems they are being targeted because they are the market leaders. We are told all chinese people have no freedom, and all companies belongs to the CCP, if that was real then similar brands like OnePlus and Xiaomi should also be targeted. But they are not, because they are insignificant. If security is really the trigger, we would be banning a lot more technology coming out of China. How many of your smart TVs actaully have PBCs made or assembled in China, how do you know they are not spying on you in your own home? And Telsa will start exporting China made EVs in the very near future, think about the risk there.

Take 5g for example, why is the US going so hard at Huawei? The 5g market is estimated to be a multi trillion dollar industry by 2030...yes trillion....some estimates have put the market up by as much as $17t. Prior to the sanctions, Huawei had no real competitor of any significance, it was going to dominate.

Here is motley fool's take on 5g.
https://www.fool.com.au/free-stock-r...15fbcl10000078

This talk of all out war is unlikely. What would be the cause? Who wants to send their fathers, brothers, sisters to die over a fight between the US and China?

Meanwhile, certain sectors of our agri business will suffer. Won't be long till it spreads elsewhere. I sure do hope there is a plan.
I think it has started but building better relations with India for exports would be a good idea right now but they are in a world of hurt with CV19 too.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is online now   Reply With Quote