View Single Post
Old 09-10-2009, 12:10 PM   #30
FordFan1

Default Picked Falcon XR6 Turbo over Mondeo XR5

Hi Guys,

I changed user name from (JDFlogan).

Been a while since I posted however I finally decided on the Falcon XR6 Turbo over Mondeo XR5. I have had my car six months and I have been very happy with it. I've had no issues and the car is magnificent to drive. Performance is fantastic but really a waste in Victoria.

However.. on the weekend went looking for a Wagon for the missus and spotted the MB Ford Mondeo range and the new XR5 and I was just so impressed. The styling of the exterior and especially the enterior is fantastic. The interior gives a real sense of occasion. My missus was mighty impressed with the Mondeo and favoured it over my XR6 Turbo, which she thinks is way too bland. In fairness to the Falcon I got a base model XR6 Turbo with no options and standard cloth trim. Couldn't stretch budget to G6E Turbo.

It has now got me second guessing my decision, was wondering if I should take an XR5 Turbo for a test drive.

I have noticed that a few guys here a less then impressed with there cars, due to rattles and water leaking in hatch etc. I've had such a good run with my car I would be so upset if I traded to something which had more niggles. Not saying Falcons are perfect but I definitely got a good one.

Just wondering what you opinions are on the matter, should I stick with the Falcon or give the Mondeo some consideration. I get itchy feet with cars as well truth be told and change cars often.

I really should take a Mondeo for a drive as well, I know.
FordFan1 is offline   Reply With Quote