View Single Post
Old 07-07-2020, 09:05 PM   #1
Mr Brooksy
Youth worker

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Numerous helpful how-to's and sound advice! 
Default Mum looking at buying a Fiesta

Hi Fiesta Gurus,

I am doing some research on the Fiesta for my 60 something Mum. She is looking at something that is reliable enough, fixable by the owner (or owners son, cough cough) and something that she can drive into the ground.

I've read and heard only good things about the little pocket rocket, but what she is looking for is something that will meet it's final owner and buzz to and from shops etc whenever she feels the need.

It must be a manual, it will be in the cheapest bracket and will have approx 200,000kms. Between a 2007 and 2010 model most likely.

I've searched for known issues, and they seem to be few and far between really in the grand scheme of things (either that or the Ford Forums doesn't hold a lot of members with the Fiesta?).

From what I have read the following are potential issues:
  • DSG (not that is an issue as she wants a manual)
  • Soft mag wheels
  • Soft brake rotors?
  • Manual seems to jump out of 2nd (manual) in a particular model?

Are these little motors capable of 300K+ kms motoring, or is it best to get lower kms and sacrifice some of the gadgets for reliability. She isn't afraid of high kms as we are a Falcon family with many cars well in excess of 500K kms on the clock with no issues in our history.

Anyway, any thoughts and experiences are hugely appreciated.

Thanks all.

2011 SZ Territory

Old Futura thread:
Brooksy's Ex Build
Mr Brooksy is offline   Reply With Quote