View Single Post
Old 12-09-2020, 10:00 PM   #371
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Default Re: Schumacher critical

Quote:
Ex-Ferrari boss visits Michael Schumacher, provides health update
The F1 legend has been kept out of public view for almost seven years, but behind the scenes he hasn’t given up in his recovery fight.

Jai Bednall

Former Ferrari boss Jean Todt has revealed he visited Michael Schumacher last week and says the seven-time F1 champion is fighting to overcome the devastating injuries he suffered in a skiing accident in 2013.

Todt, who oversaw five of Schumacher’s drivers championships at Ferrari, is among just a handful of people who have access to the 51-year-old at his Lake Geneva home.

Schumacher’s condition has been a closely-guarded secret as his family remains determined to respect his privacy.

But Todt, 74, offered positive news after his visit. “I saw Michael last week. He is fighting,” Todt told the PA news agency.

“My God, we know he had a terrible and unfortunate skiing accident which has caused him a lot of problems. But he has an amazing wife next to him, he has his kids, his nurses, and we can only wish him the best and to wish the family the best, too.”

“All I can do is to be close to them until I am able to do something, and then I will do it,” he added.

Todt also spent time with Schumacher in July and left hoping “the world will be able to see him again”.

“That is what he and his family are working towards,” Todt said at the time.

A leading neurosurgeon claimed earlier this year the German was “very altered” after suffering a severe brain injury.

He reportedly underwent stem cell therapy in Paris in 2019 and continues to be privately treated at his home.

https://www.news.com.au/sport/motors...926d16ac8677ab

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: