View Single Post
Old 23-07-2020, 11:17 AM   #9
prydey
Rob

Default Re: Sometimes I envy my Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor 57 View Post
what a silly thing to say - seriously. You are exactly what the post is NOT about - he showed respect - you obviously find it difficult

I was born in 1957 and can relate to everything the poster said - great post - thanks for sharing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charliewool
Life without memory is no life at all. Without memories we are nothing....
The point is, you don't have to live in a previous era to have those characteristics. I'm not that young but I find many older generations look back with rose coloured glasses as though there was no bad in the world back then, and look down on the current generation.

I'm not saying not to have fond memories of times gone by. It was more about those who long for 'the good old days...'. Generally, those who talk about the good old days have the poorest memories. Often there is also prejudice against generations that don't do it as tough. No generation gets to choose the circumstances they grow up in.

We can all display and have the same characteristics though. There is a lot of good in every generation if you look for it, just like every generation has the worst of human behaviours.