View Single Post
Old 27-07-2020, 09:55 PM   #25
.:4:.
Kicking back

Default Re: Sometimes I envy my Dad

I was speaking to my son for a number of hours this arvo. His mum and i do not get along. But i have been investing a lot more time in the boy lately. I beleive its called being a father. He looks up to me as he is surrounded by women. No thats not a sexist statement, but being 10, he is into boy stuff. His mum and nana dont understand the interest in silly boy stuff. By silly i mean things like i have a 37cc 2 stroke engine that is just a engine but still runs. It doesnt drive anything, it just makes noise. But the kid is interested in it. My kids laptop is older then he is, he doesnt know any better so doesnt complain. My laptop is the same age and model. I explained how to defragment it to make it slightly faster. That does take a little bit of time and in the age of everything being now, he did have a whing. But the thing ran faster after, and he questioned me as to how do i know computers when he is young and i (to him) am old? Im not that old really, the boy turns 11 next month and im 33.
But its things that i put forward that make an impact on the little bloke. I cannot remember the last time i heard anyone say they defragmented their computer, im pretty sure newer ones do it automatically. But things like that my young bloke appreciates and its me in dad mode.
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote
5 users like this post: