View Single Post
Old 19-11-2010, 12:37 AM   #76
fmc351
let it burn

Quote:
Originally Posted by XESP351
So what's the penalty for an 'exceed speed' offense then? The answer is, depending on how much the speed was exceeded by? So the figure is just as important as the actual offense, without a well proven speed figure, offense means nothing.

I don't know why people are obsessed with radar guns there are many other ways to prove and record speed, the point is which ever one the cops choose to use must be pretty solid and not just 'I was doing ## km/hr' cos as proven in this case and from my experience, magistrates will not just automatically believe any speed figure a cop says without providing sufficient proof..
So wait, if youre travelling at say 140, and a car 200 meters ahead is doing 180, you cant tell its pulling away from you over say 1/2 km of road? My eyesight isnt supermans but it is 20/20, I can tell its pulling away even if I cant tell exactly how fast. I see it often at 110 with cars ahead pulling away on fwy's, its obvious they going quicker. If I was a cop sitting on 140, and that happened, its a pretty safe bet he is well past the point of a simple fine and demerits.

Dangerous driving or Reckless driving does not depend on an exact speed. Speeding might.

As a comparisson, look what happens if you refuse a bretho. If it were that easy, no one would ever be done for DUI.
fmc351 is offline   Reply With Quote