View Single Post
Old 06-10-2021, 07:32 AM   #1515
slowsnake
Banned

Default Re: Depression, Anxiety

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cav View Post
When I was really suffering a friend got me to attend a Yoga Nidra course. I did this for about 12 months and I found it really good although they were a bunch of weird people doing this and looked at me, a Vietnam Veteran in their midst, a little bit funny-like. Maybe they thought a jungle-trained baby killer didn't fit in.

Cheers

Cav

ps I have written a book about my experiences in Vietnam I can send you a digital copy if you message me. But be warned there are plenty of pictures of me.

Hello Cav,
I picked this paragraph to quote because it seems strange to me that your opinion of others seeing you as a " jungle trained baby killer " is your interpretation not theirs?

What about they saw you as " a Vietnam Veteran with PTSD " that has led you to their group after 50 years of struggling with it alone in your head!
As you said " it seemed to help you "

Do you meditate at all?...and if so what type or form of meditation do you practice, you seem to have your sh.t together here on the forum, which may actually be helping you cope with things, not necessarily PTSD, but just day to day communication with others!

Look after yourself mate, my Dad had severe PTSD, but we never realised until after he died in 1986, when Mum went to get his WW2 medals, I asked her not to, Dad always told me when I asked about his war service medals and why he never had his medals, he'd say " what for son " and that was it!

But he was merchant navy, a galley boy aged 13 on Ocean Liners, that was 1936, and they turned into troopships virtually overnight in 1939, but he just would not talk about it, and back then it was called shell shock I think!

It's certainly a very strange world we inhabit, all of it, the good the bad and the unseen!
slowsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: