View Single Post
Old 11-03-2024, 03:26 AM   #53
tbro4123

Default Re: How's the weather?

Quote:
Originally Posted by whynot View Post
It probably has been the hottest summer in Brisbane for easily 20 years. Not so much the actual (dry bulb) temperature. More the combination of temperature, humidity, and gentle breezes that has pushed "apparent" temperatures into the troppo zone. There have been a long runs of day after day where the apparent temperature was around 40C or above, and the overnight apparent temperature has hovered around 30C.

In turn, this has resulted in some crazy high electricity peak demand. The prior peak demand was 10,179MW set on 13 Feb 2019. On Mon, 22 Jan 2024, the peak demand smashed that by going over 11,000MW (during school holidays!!!)

It will be nice when this summer is over.

We haven't actually had any days at 40 degrees BUT what we have had is weeks on end with mid to high 30s but with a dew point of 25% which makes the humidity feel so much higher. My misses is into this stuff and is forever telling me it's not that hot just the humidity.

Little tale, when we moved to the "Sunshine State" back in April 1990 it rained for something like 9 weeks, occasional small breaks but just rained. By the end of June I was ready to move anywhere that was dry and my dog was ready to come with me. Our back yard was a swamp and the septic couldn't work properly due to the water everywhere, yep welcome to sunny QLD.
tbro4123 is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: