View Single Post
Old 10-12-2014, 12:12 AM   #2
REDDYZ

Default Re: Aircon compressor.....

Sorry to hear about your aircon.

I have been through all this and I can tell its not easy to find a replacement.

Best and easy option is wreckers. I can give you part number in Jan. I have a spare a/c compressor that I bought for $450 or $500 from wreckers few years back. The thread housing for that bolt from a/c hoses that bolts on to the compressor is cracked I think.

I kept it as spare in Melbourne at my sister's place. I am going to Melbourne on Jan 1st and then I can give you exact part number.

Meanwhile this might help.

http://fordaccompressors.blogspot.co...croll-pv6.html

If you see any compressor that has different hose location then its wrong one. The one listed in the link definitely fits our Cougars.

What happened to your compressor anyway? Reason am asking is, mine was leaking gas which later I found that its from a fine crack at the hose joint and not the compressor. Few couple of a/c repairers couldn't spot this. Even die test, pressure test couldn't didn't help. Just a wiggle did the magic though.

Finding the hose was another epic that eventually ended sourcing from Wreckers.

Cheers
Ex Cougar - 00' MTX 2.5L (Limited edition Eibach Cougar); Dark Green Tourmaline; Lowered with Eibach tuned suspension from factory; SVT UIM, LIM & Throttle body; Supercat 2.5" dual exhaust with twin pipe quad outlets; Custom headers; Custom coloured instrument cluster; K&N Apollo CAI kit; Calibre oil catch can.

Now driving a Lexus RX 450h. Your guess is correct that I am a family man now.
REDDYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: