Thread: AU Parts Data
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2007, 12:14 AM   #212
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Plaizier
I have a couple.

(1) Is there a part number for the BA ICC Harness from BEM interface J4 - ie, the harness that always drives the Remote Key Receiver, but also has variants that drives the ICC Video input, Cabin Temp Sensor and Clock? I've searched with most of those as keywords without much luck.

(2) Is there a Part Number for the courtesy light with integrated switch that you see over the rear seats in BA XR's, and in behind the Sunvisor in Fairmonts and above? Once again, keyword searches have drawn a blank.

(3) In your database I found mention of the part number AU2 17E704 A 'MODULATOR MIRROR CTR, WITH MEMORY MIRROR' when searching on the word 'Mirror' and selecting BA. Since I'm interested in adding Memory Mirrors with Reverse Dip - is there any chance that anyone knows what this module is and what it does? It's not listed in the BA Workshop Manual anywhere. I've often been curious as to how the Memory Module under the seat could control the mirrors, and have been suspicious that there's another undocumented controller somewhere - and this is the first possible evidence of something like that.

Luke
(1) Looks like this is actually part of the main wiring loom.

(2) There are 2 seperate parts that make up this lamp but it is available as a kit:

BA 13A701 A LAMP ASSY - 13.40

(3) You are correct in your assumption as it is only fitted to vehicles with Memory function. The little pic below is it in diagrammatic form.

Cheers
Russ
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MirrorModule.jpg (49.2 KB, 63 views)

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote