View Single Post
Old 30-09-2019, 02:08 PM   #40
JasonACT
Away on leave

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Outstanding work on the FG ICC issues. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The insane amount of work he has put into the Falcon FG ICC is unbelievable. He has shared everything he has done and made a great deal of it available to us all. He has definitely helped a great deal of us with no personal gains to himself. 
Default Re: FORD technical service bulletin : ICC touch screen display

Ha ha! That's the thread where I saw what the extra module on top of the cluster is (GPS). It's a good place for it, I suppose, though why it couldn't be under the ICC's top cover is a question I'm asking myself. That's where I'd put it.

I found that thread while I was looking for nc_fairlane's build thread. Sadly he hasn't got many photos. Or Sync 2 CAN message details :(

None of the FG2 messages (climate or radio/amp) make the Sync 2 screen do anything for me, so until I get a hint of what are candidates for the screen to listen to, it's all going to be on hold. Maybe the gateway unit is translating them from FG2-like codes into some standard Sync 2/3 codes - but it seems like a lot of work to get that connected when it's all just guesses.

I'm still toying with ideas for fixing the hiss in the FG2's amp for the moment.. And waiting for a GPS aerial to arrive from eBay - as my first move will be to install the FG2 screen with SAT NAV - and then pull my 2 year older screen apart to take photos, check if the unit's power up sequence is shorter etc. to see if the firmware was modified to protect them.

So much to do, so few hours in the day.
JasonACT is online now   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: