View Single Post
Old 01-10-2019, 11:32 PM   #49
JasonACT
Away on leave

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Outstanding work on the FG ICC issues. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The insane amount of work he has put into the Falcon FG ICC is unbelievable. He has shared everything he has done and made a great deal of it available to us all. He has definitely helped a great deal of us with no personal gains to himself. 
Default Re: FORD technical service bulletin : ICC touch screen display

The silence is deafening, I may just have to try it myself then..

Lucky I bought some extras.. When I was a child hacking my computer, I would have looked at the price of that switch and become speechless. To be able to quickly compare what is and what was, is - priceless.

It's interesting, and annoying, but the capacitor I was using yesterday wasn't the exact value specified in the datasheet. I didn't notice any extra noise, except when connecting it to the source that I knew wasn't the right one. Now, with the correct values, I can hear extra artefacts - a very quiet ticking sound, no doubt of the electronics that's running.

This is closer to how I had it yesterday, but no difference. With my ears up against the speakers, it's there, ever so quiet - tick tick tick tick. 15cm away and it's too quiet to hear, but, I may have to get some more capacitors to test which are closer to the one I used before (I only had the one).

Bloody analogue electronics.

I just bet Sanyo were saying the same thing and came up with the idea of introducing slightly louder white noise to hide it.
JasonACT is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: