View Single Post
Old 03-10-2019, 08:54 PM   #51
nc_fairlane

Default Re: FORD technical service bulletin : ICC touch screen display

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonACT View Post
I tried Forscan to recode the modified ACM, it said Service Procedures - ACM Module Calibration requires an extended license. I requested a two month free trial license and with that the radio code error went away. That's one question answered!

Bad news is, the only sound going through that chip is the SAT NAV voice and touch screen pressed beeps (which I've now turned off). Nice and clear, but Radio, CD, USB produced no sound. This surprises me, the only thing it's being used for is converting a mono +/- speaker input into quad single line outputs.

Since I have a FG (MKI) radio, I Frankenstein'ed it into the mix. Almost no hiss, and I mean even better than my bypass hack which still has some, but radio code error was showing. Forscan reprogrammed it and it started up but was tuned to some AM frequency (so that hiss was awful) but since the FDIM wasn't speaking its language it still said radio code error and I was unable to change the input to anything else. Still, this remains an appealing avenue to research.

Other things to report, my car is a single zone climate model, but this newer screen is dual zone. With the buttons from the donor unit, the passenger temp doesn't change anything in my car and the middle fan buttons work. In single zone cars, the fan speed is where the passenger temp is.. so they're doing nothing for me at the moment as the FDIM assumes those buttons passenger temp. I'm going to change that, but I need to pull apart the units a bit more to find the best solution. Forscan didn't come up with a FDIM option to select how many zones there are (but it did have a few other things like FPV splash screen, reverse camera, [sonar] park-assist, touch-screen-enable & VIN that could be edited).

I'm yet to play with my old FDIM, I wonder if it will break the first time I power it up? The other newer one was repeatedly plugged in (I'd say about 50-70 times) but never missed a beat.
If you have access to a ford ids you can change the fdim to single zone.
You have done quite well on what you have discovered keep up the good work.
nc_fairlane is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: