View Single Post
Old 07-08-2020, 01:31 AM   #33
gooseneck
Banned

Default Re: Will there be a reversal in the use of touchscreens in cars?

The vents on a tesla are pretty cool but...

Touchscreens don't belong in a car nevermind the glaring amount of light that comes from them when driving. They're ok if you don't need to touch the screen when driving but not if you have to adjust any controls while mobile.

I've had two tries at getting a LCD screen into a car. A few years ago I mounted a iPad to the passengers side seat and used it for navigation. It was useful because it displayed traffic delays and a large easy to read map including the time, weather. etc. However its not something that you should be playing around with while driving.

A LCD display should be strictly non-touchscreen unless you're immobile in which case it can be a touchscreen.

The other attempt was using a touchscreen double din car stereo, terrible idea. even if the volume control is a set of buttons on the side of the screen the skip track/channel seek functions were on the touchscreen section. Unless all of the functions are on a steering wheel then its no good. Every time I tried to change the channel my finger would bounce up and down and side to side and I could barely change the radio station/track.

Thats why I've got the Sony WX-900BT in my car now. Navigation is done with a Tom Tom GPS. That's all that I need.

I could save up and get an android tablet and mount it on a stalk and let it hover in the middle of the car similar to how a tesla's screen is. But its expensive.

Last edited by gooseneck; 07-08-2020 at 01:39 AM.
gooseneck is offline   Reply With Quote