View Single Post
Old 05-10-2017, 10:42 PM   #1
cobrin
Challenge Accepted!

Exclamation [How To] TDCI Timing Belt Replacement - 2.0L QXBA DW10 140PS

First up I hope this helps at least one person or you enjoyed reading it at least, I'd have done the job without documenting anything but a couple of users were interested and as the timing was perfect I thought I can help with that.

I can say that this was an enjoyable job to do, not a hard job nor overly technical (IMO) but it was quite procedural which makes this job longer than the Petrol brethren. To my surprise you don't need to remove the engine mount on this model to get to anything related to the task, that was nice to stumble upon, I picked up on that when removing the top timing cover and was very happy, you do need to remove and push the starter motor to the left for access which also requires you to disconnect the battery +ve lead on the alternator as it's also connected to the startermotor and passes alongside as it continues on. Lastly I found it easier and cleaner to drop the LH/lower radiator support bar (two bolts) to drop the radiator a few cm to access the drain cock and drain the coolant. Also remove the two top locating pegs (twist and lift off) to allow movement or you'll break one.

I short changed my belt @ 200,000Kms and luckily I did because I caught an unknown issue in it's infancy the...water pump...

This article has been relocated to the Technical Portal.

Last edited by russellw; 11-02-2018 at 09:59 AM.
cobrin is offline   Reply With Quote
5 users like this post: