View Single Post
Old 21-02-2020, 10:11 AM   #66
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 
Default Re: Coronavirus Closes 5 Hyundai Factories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxx000 View Post
Not sure what industry you're in or the reason for posting about P2 mask availability.
I go with the advice of medical experts and yesterday i heard the Australian Chief Medical Officer state that the wearing of masks in Australia is unnecessary.
He even stated that he and his staff are eating out at Chinese restaurants by choice.
But we prefer to panic and think that this is it, the end of the world as we know it
My comments were to provide real world examples of where the Coronavirus has made impact in Australia. In this case, not from a medical perspective, but from a supply chain perspective. Even if Australia is not impacted directly by Coronavirus, we will be impacted indirectly by it.

I'm not suggesting that we need to be alarmist because we are all going to be directly exposed to the virus, just that it will impact us.

For the record, I work in the power generation industry. The lack of PPE may mean that maintenance activities will no longer be able to be performed. That in turn puts generation at risk. That in turn puts energy supply at risk. Which in turn puts every grid-connected electricity consumer at risk. This is not being alarmist. That is the potential consequence. However, I think the probability of that occurring is low.

But it is still a risk and one that needs to be managed carefully. Personally, I see this as being similar to the Y2K bug; it requires a national approach to be able to mitigate the risk it poses.

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote