View Single Post
Old 25-02-2013, 04:16 PM   #26
Shockworks

Default Re: Ford Falcon BA-FG Coilovers

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05_ENFORCER View Post
Hi Brett, Is it worthwhile upgrading the swaybars in conjunction with your package or will the coil overs suffice?

You mentioned a stiffer upper bush on the GT-R spec, can you elaborate on this?
The GT-R spec top mount bush has twice the stiffness of the Ford product range which improves the steering off centre response. The top mount is a dual path so the damper is mounted to the centre of the bush which causes the damper to be a little delayed when steering. This standard bush does provide a reduction in road surface texture which is a huge thing at Ford. Even the top rear bush was developed to reduce road texture for the base model and is voided. When I finished the F6X we found the voided bush would snub out over corrogated roads and make a dull knock. I found that rotating the bush 90 degress stopped the noise, so this was implimented into production and is now done for the FG range apart from a batch that was stiil the old way but still went in the cars.

SWAYBARS,
All development performed with the GT was with the standard bars. In my experience the increase in diameter only hurts the car with increased lateral headtoss and the car would break away quicker. Also with slow wet corners, I would find more dead time mid corner. When tuning at Prodrive we would only use the bar to fine tune the balance and not to hold the car flat.

I can ramble a bit sorry!!

Cheers
Brett

Last edited by russellw; 07-03-2013 at 09:29 PM.
Shockworks is offline   Reply With Quote
4 users like this post: