View Single Post
Old 13-08-2020, 11:02 AM   #716
prydey
Rob

Default Re: The Camping Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoval View Post
Thanks for your help mate. What you say makes sense.

The power I need has to be at least 1500w. That unit you linked was 1000w. The coffee machine is 1200w. Would the unit you mentioned be good enough for what I need or should I go the next one up?

Is there an all in 1 battery and inverter unit on offer rather than a separate one?
You'll end up spending a lot of money just to be able to run your pseudo coffee machine.

You'll need a lot of battery to run a 1500w inverter especially if you want to use the machine multiple times. Probably need solar panels as well to be able to replenish the power used.

Another option is a generator although this may limit where you can go as some national parks etc don't allow generators. Honda do pretty quiet ones I believe.

When I go camping, if I have power I take my espresso machine and grinder. If I don't have power I bought a nanopresso by wacaco. I don't have the ability to steam milk though. I just do it on the stovetop. My brother recently bought an espresso maker called a flair. Quite pricey but he's happy with it. There are quite a few options for non powered coffee around as well as stovetop steamers (bailetti??) for milk....