View Single Post
Old 13-08-2020, 11:56 AM   #719
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 
Default Re: The Camping Thread

Thanks Gents.

This is all a learning curve for me. My mate has a an Aeropress unit. Looks nifty and a little backpacker style butane gas bottle and burner which packs away light which doesnt do a bad brew.

I also have a ROK lever press machine which I could also use. Crema is harder to create with that, but it works similarly to a manual machine in that it plunges the brew at reasonable pressure but manually.

I also cook with the camp fire and can boil water with a cheap stove top kettle I bought.

I guess if I settle for that style of coffee while Im out bush, then all I need is power to run the fridge for a number of days and charge devices and such.

Here is a unit I dont mind the look of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYUmV1I6jjk

Also, I want to be able to charge the battery when the car is running/moving via an anderson plug if that is viable. I can buy a 200w solar panel setup from 4wd SC fairly cheap too for added convenience.

The reason I want to go the Lithium battery is reducing weight. My upper body strength is not good and lifting a regular AGM battery in an out is not as easy as it once was.

Just contemplating whether this unit https://itechworld.com.au/collection...watt-itech1000 will be enough for what I need it for or if I should opt for a higher power option.

Ultimately, less attaching units is a good thing due to space and weight.

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic

Last edited by blueoval; 13-08-2020 at 12:07 PM.
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote