View Single Post
Old 20-07-2018, 07:27 AM   #35
anobserver
Oppressive patriarch

Default Re: Diabetes: Discussion thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowsnake View Post

.. insulin resistant is different to T1 diabetes, they make none at all, that's a big problem, but where did these diseases come from?..lifestyle changes?

I just finished reading the book about the Atom bomb tests at Monte Bello Islands and in the early 50's at Emu Field and Maralinga?
You don't really want to know about it, believe me you just don't want to know, the fallout I'm talking about, and where it went and what was affected, and still is!

But good luck to ya,I mean that

Regards Billy.

PS..2009 at diagnosis of T2 I weighed 85kg.
PPS.. My cholesterol ratio is 2.2..so go figure that out, oh I have not had any alcohol since Oct 2015.
Billy,

Pleased to hear that lchf is working very well for you, as it has for me.

I had no particular health issue but wanted to address typical middle aged malaise of slow weight gain and no energy. After seven years all my indicators still show good numbers.

The constant intake of sugar and grains has only been a relatively recent thing in human history. The anthropological record shows that human health declined once we entered the age of agriculture. Whilst the more constant supply of food enabled population increases, the bodily remains suggest we became shorter, suffered more disease, and had more dental caries with a higher intake of grains and plant foods.

The constant insulin releases required by eating processed grains and sugars likely contributes to the onset of insulin resistance. Each meal provokes a spike in insulin that over decades exhausts the pancreas ability to address.

I can't speak to t1, but from what I've read t2 can be highly responsive to significant dietary changes.

Friends and rellies that suffer from t2 mostly stick doggedly to the high carb, low fat thinking that has produced the most obese generation in modern history. As well as downing their statins and beta blockers, but that's another story.

BA RTV.

Last edited by anobserver; 20-07-2018 at 07:51 AM. Reason: Spelling, grammar
anobserver is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: