View Single Post
Old 06-02-2005, 02:01 AM   #1
M&Ms
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Default Help with online gaming

Ok guys (and gals) I know many of you are gifted in computers and the internet and stuff like that, so i was wondering if any of you can help me.

On monday i got my adsl modem in the mail (Netcomm NB5) and i hooked it up to my computer via Ethernet cable and it's working perfectly; couldn't be happier. However, today i bought the network adaptor for online play on my playstation 2, and i followed all the instructions on how to get me online, but i've been having problems. What I am doing is disconnecting the ethernet cable from the PC and plugging it into the PS2 adaptor. But when I do this, I can't seem to get it to connect as i do with the PC: my connection keeps failing. I'm sure all the settings are correct and all user names and passwords are what they should be, but for some reason, the DSL Link light keeps on flashing forever on my modem and the thing won't connect. I called iPrimus for help (my ISP) and the bloke said it had something to do with the DHCP (whatever that is) and I should call Sony for help.

If anyone on here can tell me how to get this thing to work your help will be very much appreciated. And if you can , please be specific coz I really do suck @ computers.

Thanks in advance.
M&Ms is offline   Reply With Quote