View Single Post
Old 17-11-2010, 11:48 PM   #13
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooper69S
By all accounts they were a LONG way behind, and claimed that when they reached 160kmh he was still pulling away. Apparently the data from the cop car didn't back up their story that they were doing that speed at the time that they said they were, and how can you be sure when you're so far behind whether you're gaining on him or not.

so like keepleft said - lack of evidence = no charges. Although it seems that quite often these days people are happy to see others charged without evidence, especially when it comes to "hoon" offences. I'm sure if they're ever on the receiving end they'll change their mind about that though...

Maybe, but I find it hard to believe. I have often been behind other cars on a motorway (100 zone) when I am doing 140 under lights and siren and I can easily see that I am gaining on them.

I wonder what this data regarding the cop car is?

I wonder if the closing comments of the magistrate regarding his love of the Gallardo and TG is grounds for an appeal due to bias on the part of the magistrate?

What disturbs me is that there is now a precedence that you can do 60 km/h over the limit as long as the cops do not get within a certain amount of distance from your car to estimate the speed.