View Single Post
Old 19-06-2009, 12:29 PM   #79
Dauphin
Irregular member

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Endless work keeping the AU.com.au web site happening 

Jim, interesting to know that the TS40 was actually being sold by a dealer! Did it have any custom TS40 badges on it? I haven't named my car, but I have called it Bargearse some times. The XR8 snorkel does look completely stock and I have one of them also. I plan to make an aux. intake onto the box soon.

Steve, the most common first things that people do with the AU are to fit a 2.5" sports exhaust, with optional high-flow cat and sports extractors. People are now looking at a 3" exhaust system and removing extra mufflers for more noise, but watch out for resulting in-cabin drone with the sixes.

Drop a high-flow air intake filter into the air box also, in place of the standard paper disposable one.

A nice set of wheels (minimum of 19" these days) tend to work well on the large round AU shape and you can get a range of different aftermarket bodykits for it (see eBay).

My hovercraft is full of eels!

Movie Car Chase of the Week: Gene Hackman driving a 1971 Pontiac LeMans to chase an elevated train in The French Connection (1971).
Dauphin is offline   Reply With Quote