View Single Post
Old 24-09-2021, 06:26 PM   #24
slowsnake
Banned

Default Re: 1971 xy phase 3 auction

Anywhere there is money to be spent, by any cashed up person, there will be another there to take that cash from them, this other person usually takes the guise of a very kind and informative type, their prey is you and I and any other who has a childhood or youthful unfulfilled dream, or just a melancholic yearning, and "a home to borrow against and a very healthy superannuation balance"

It's like not being able to sleep, you awake and eventually get up, you may have a glass of milk, or in my case hot Cadbury chocolate, or Milo, you then wonder why you are not sleeping and maybe will turn on the TV.
It's 3am, you flick through the free TV channels, hoping for a news channel for 15 minutes, but every channel is called "infotainment or infomation"
And they sell products you neither need or want, but, some idiots with a lack of sleep and a thick wallet buys their products!
This goes on all over the world 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year, why?
Well we are turning into a cashless society, we do not need money in the form of cash, or even with a nil bank account we can by products with one of many cashless systems, Zip Pay is one such product!

Art, art and sculpture are priceless in some circles, circles I don't belong to, but these folk think an oil painting or a " Banksy" sketch or graffiti graphic on a lavatory door is worth millions of British Pounds, or Euros, or US dollars or Australian dollars!
Who puts this fantastic value on these "artworks", not the seller, they either died 50, 100, 200, 3 or 4 or 5 or 6 or 700 years or thousands of years ago, so how do they value such an item?.....well they advertise the crap out of it, and for months they tell you its worth "X" amount of dollars months before the actual auction, you are consciously thinking about it, and its stuck in your subconscious mind too, but most are not aware of subliminal advertising, but a very high priced item that's only worth what a buyer is willing to pay a certain price for, well it's locked into their minds, like a song you can't get rid of!...only it's a very desirable car, a little bit of 1970’s motoring history that is irrelevant to your happiness or your life.

What can you do with it!....look at it all day, sit in a throne in your garage and "admire it"
It's a useless bit of kit, too scared to drive it because of its value, too scared to park it to go shopping, it's a bit of useless kit that can only be admired by you close up, and others from afar, and a select few "friends" may get to even sit in it, or start it, but don't rev it too hard, let it warm up!...your ego has got lost I'd space somewhere, just like folk who pay millions of dollars on a painting worth maybe $50 million, a Vermeer, or Picasso or a Constable!
If I had John Constables " The Hay Wain " for instance, what would I do with it, look at it all day everyday, and tell myself " that's mine " I own that, It's mine all mine.

This Phase 3 Ford GT, is only worth what a person is willing to pay for it, maybe $1.00 or $2 million dollars, and it really is worth that because some fool decided in the heat of the moment to pay that amount.
This immediately values all other "similar" car/s that Lloyd's have hidden away somewhere safe, which are only worth a fraction of the Phase 3's big valuation, but, it sets a bench mark price for all so called collectables.

Just my thought's, no more or less!

Cheers Billy
slowsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: