View Single Post
Old 09-09-2014, 03:03 PM   #51
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Default Re: Swear Filter Avoidance

I see it as so black and white and cannot for the life of me see a problem with the swear filter!

Type what ever you want and let the filter do its job! So so basic I cannot comprehend how anyone can not understand this concept?

AVOID the filter by altering the spelling on purpose by all means ...... but be prepared to be edited, alerted and then warned for constantly breaching something that is in the Terms & Conditions when everyone signed up.

If anyone does not like this but prefers a FB style, kiddy room with everyone abusing each other .... calling Mods Nazis etc ..... be prepared for the consequences.

I think some should go to other forums if they do not like the rules here. I am on some that just make reading posts so exhausting because of the way some post. Start your own Forums or go to another ..... no one is forcing anyone to be here but if you are the rules are clear for all to follow.

Re posted what I wrote above. I think its clear or am I missing something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auslandau View Post
........ If everyone just types as they normally would on any other site, they have no problems whatsoever. Let the computer pick up what is or isn't allowed. There is no need for anyone to change the way they type from one forum to another ....... as long it is within the Terms and Conditions. As in, swearing just to be insulting or abusive to others.

My car is ****** ...... No probs (computer did its thing!)
You are ****** ......... Problems (Considered abusive to someone!)
Wtf is going on ........ No probs
Trying to manipulate the computer so the word appears ...... Problems!

If a swear word is used and it is not blocked by the computer then it is OK as most words have been covered!

Really cant think of any other way to put it? I swear like a trouper but in forums I prefer it this way. There isn't a need to or just let the computer decide.
I do like the idea though of replacing some of the words to 'poo' etc .......

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Auslandau is offline   Reply With Quote
7 users like this post: