View Single Post
Old 05-11-2020, 09:24 PM   #838
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Default Re: The Camping Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey View Post
I'd like to visit the peninsular's but not while i have a wind up van with canvas sides. The elements can get pretty wild.

I'm also in the camp of people who think its just a bit far for a weekend away. 4-5hours travel is about the limit for me for a weekend, otherwise it just feels like you spent most of the weekend travelling, setting up and packing up.

Also, I must travel a bit slower than Bent, as Grampians for us is easy 7hours. Not driving time, but generally it includes a lunch stop and at least a couple more 'comfort' stops for the womenfolk. The same would apply for any destination of that distance. Easy to travel right through when solo but when with a family, it takes a lot longer.
No youre quite right Rob, my times were ball park driving straight through towing the camper but never happens which pushes out the times again including Coffin Bay which would get closer to 9+ hours, too far unless youve got atleast a week.
I drive heavy vehicles around metro Adelaide for a crust so any opportunity to hit the open road is welcomed, however, it can become a chore and an extension of an already mentally exhausting week if too far.

Ive got to be honest, im really enjoying staying in the local van park, yes it has its weekend bogans but come lunchtime Sunday theyve all gone home and its peaceful again, then i can enjoy the casual nature of it whilst still travelling to work.
I dont really mind the bogans as you can have a quick chat and they move on.
One downside though is the comfort when relying on the camper to house you for more than a few days so weve decided something a bit bigger is the answer and are on the hunt for either a camper like yours or a pop top van of up to 18ft.
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: