View Single Post
Old 29-05-2020, 01:41 PM   #229
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Default Re: V8 ranger raptor

Just as I suspected, the story was made up. I wondered why I had never seen one if it was a confirmed program. Good job Wheels

https://www.caradvice.com.au/853609/...possibly-ever/

A Ford Ranger Raptor V8 will not arrive in Australian showrooms this year – or likely ever – an extensive investigation by CarAdvice has found.

Contrary to media reports that claimed a Ford Ranger Raptor V8 “is coming”, “has been sanctioned by Ford Australia”, will be “sold through Ford dealers (with) full five-year warranty”, and is “anticipated” by the end of 2020, CarAdvice has learned the program was never close to approval stage.

CarAdvice has been told the Ford Ranger Raptor V8 was ruled out last year while the idea was still in its infancy – more than six months before it made news – and was not “put on hold” due to recent “tightening financial restrictions” driven by the coronavirus crisis, as has been claimed.

Despite media reports that said “there are two things we know for sure: that a V8-engined Ford Ranger Raptor is coming, and that a lengthy queue is already forming for it”, the idea never made it beyond an internal presentation and discussion paper. A prototype was not even built.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
3 users like this post: