Thread: FPV Open Days
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2023, 05:10 PM   #24
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 
Default Re: FPV Open Days

The final year I attended, and I can't remember if this was the last ever, was the 2011 event. The rainy weather really summed up the mood of the day, we all knew there were changes on the horizon despite nothing being public at that point.

By this stage, FPV were building Miami V8 engines in the same space were the 5.4's were assembled.

I think we as Australian Ford fans should be incredibly proud of what that engine represented. Locally, this was a moment where Ford held the upper hand in the engine department over Holden and HSV. Of course, HSV would go on to wilder things, but FPV offered the supercharged V8 as standard on their models. The Ford fans asked for more power, and FPV delivered.

Globally, this was the world first supercharged variant of the then new Coyote 5.0 V8 platform. FPV were working on this engine before the 5.0 Coyote was made public for the then current Mustang. To put that into context, at factory level, it would take Ford USA until the 2020 GT500 to supercharge the Coyote in 5.2 form. And yet, we had one ten years earlier! Sure, it never reached its full potential, but that was not the engines fault, rather the car it bolted into. I love this engine, the way it pulls like a freight train from anywhere in the rev range is truly impressive. Mine may not have been assembled at FPV, but it's no less special and I feel privileged to own one.

Rare Boss 302 BF MK II GT in an FG colour, Dash -

HAVOC body kit on this AU, not sure what model grade it's based on though, most likely a Fairmont going from the chrome headlight bezels and V8 engine.

From memory, this was a forum members car, the only production T3 TL50 made -

Likewise, I'm pretty sure this belonged to a forum member. I would actually catch up with this gentleman a few years later, I don't remember his name, but he was lovely to speak with about his beautiful car and mine too.

Congo Green XR8, a subtle colour combo for an XR.

Always loved Octane, looking great on this BF MK II GT-P -

These cars were animals! Had a chance to ride in one and loved the mad induction note that 5 cylinder engine had -

New SZ Territory made an appearance too -

Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
12 users like this post: