View Single Post
Old 06-08-2020, 03:56 PM   #13
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

Default Re: Will there be a reversal in the use of touchscreens in cars?

Weird indeed !
Mercedes have always insisted on rotary dial control of all their screens up until their latest models. My 2017/2018 AMG A45 doesn’t have a touch screen, Mercedes cites safety concerns and were berated by the automotive world at the time for not being progressive enough... lol

So now they have caved and all their 2020 /2021 models are littered with massive touch screens so it will be amusing to see this come full circle again back to their original philosophy of rotary and button control only

TBH, I thought what a crock of **** it was to have a modern day prestige car without a touchscreen when I first bought it. But after having used it for some time now, I actually prefer it and it also keeps it clean from lack of touching constantly. Using the rotary dial is definitely less of a distraction and quite quick to use if manufacturer has spent time to make it intuitive .

Ideally, they can keep touchscreens just need to disable when vehicle is in DRIVE so you can only use the dial or buttons.

New RIDE
2018 AMG Mercedes A45
Angry AWD assassin
Whitey-AMG is offline   Reply With Quote
4 users like this post: