View Single Post
Old 31-10-2008, 01:12 PM   #14
sly
Sly like a G6

OK, neither wire to the knock sensor gets 3V from the PCM. But then the pins on the PCM are labelled as inputs on the wiring diagram. And would a piezoelectronic crystal need a 3V source?

The wires between the PCM and sensor plug do as they should according to the multimeter, they read open when open and SFA when shorted at the plug.

So if the manual is right about the PCM supplying 3V, then my next logical step is to replace the PCM. I've got a sparky lined up to code a PCM to my BEM on Monday, and the local wrecker has a couple with the right code for $125 each. I know they're cheaper elsewhere, but time is a bit of an issue ATM.

Had a look inside the PCM Matt, there's no little board at 90 deg that I can see, everything seems to be surface mounted and covered in clear lacquer. You were looking in your EF ECU? Maybe it's a bit better integrated in the AU?

Anyway must go now, dogwatch from tonight to Monday morning. Most likely offline until after I've been to the sparky.
The Frankenfalcon... AU1.5 Wagon, BA brakes, AU2 booster, BA2 XR6T engine, stock from airbox to turbo, 8psi/98 octane tune 240RWKW, BF XR6T cat, quiet 3" zorst, Pex BSO660 & BSO439 mufflers, 84 db, built BTR box, 3.08 LSD, Emer SVI LPG, AU1 XR8 alloys, Momo wheel, JVC KDR746BT head unit, Aerpro steering wheel control wiring.

Sleeper, anyone?
sly is offline   Reply With Quote