Thread: Mowing ..
View Single Post
Old 24-12-2020, 06:30 PM   #801
danzvtil
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Mowing ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by roddy1960 View Post
Sorry danzvtil....I some reason or other I added G6ET's name into DFB's quote that he rightly made referring about being your own boss from now on. .Also sorry to G6ET for my mistake .I'm a bit of a goose on stuff like that ...Just the same everything else is the same and I'm sure you're going to make a great go of your new career path and I'm also sure it'll be great to be out and about doing different jobs , different places .

..Out of interest , have you decided or bought much equipment yet ? When I started I made an error in going in with household type gear and soon learned that I really needed better stuff . I'm sure DFB would agree as well .
Plenty of times I wish I could still do this type of work . Over time I did mostly cleaning , some mowing /trimming / minor maintenance and looking after a 25 metre pool initially outside and later inside when it was roofed under the BUR programme after the GFC . Ended up 19 years doing the pool and had to do courses and refresher courses three times .

About 3 years ago a total revamp of the trade certificate and personal issues going on made it really hard for me to do again so my line manager offered me alternate work to my 10 hours a week pool component so I now assist with general maintenance and assisting the groundsman with general duties. However this past year this was curtailed greatly by Covid 19 and non stop visits to general learning areas for constant wipe downs of these areas ...Drove us nuts with boredom to be honest ..That said ..Asset Maintenance which is essentially what you're doing now is pretty important and rewarding work .
Thanks roddy, my GXV powered honda was my step up in mowers, the only thing I’ll buy now is a straight shaft stihl line trimmer to replace my curved shaft.
Maintenance is big dollars for me, in 10 years I’ve painted the inside of the childcare top to bottom 3 times, then wear items, door handles and hinges, exhaust fans, light globes, patches and repairs, even furniture assembly, waste removal,air con filter sanitization it’s all stuff that needs doing that no one knows about.
I don’t yet know about extra training, if the cleaning thing is a goer, I can get qualified for covid cleans, but I’m more interested in the cleaning chemicals and what they do. It’s been suggested to me that I learn how to do floor stripping and sealing, I know several supermarket owners that find it hard getting this done overnight as no one wants to do it, you can charge accordingly.

2019 LDV G10
2009 Mitsubishi Express-GONE
2011 Honda Jazz