View Single Post
Old 17-07-2020, 12:50 PM   #73
Trevor 57
is now there

Default Re: Current review of TAFE system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John 13 View Post
However my own experience with competency based training and assessment was like a breath of fresh air. If nothing else it gave the opportunity for TAFE- employer consultation and for long term lecturers to reassess their worn out presentations. I realize that there was significant opposition which often resulted in no change except for more clerical work for lecturers, SHAME!
A lot of the 'old' trade teachers got out of the system coz they just couldn't cope with the fact that the customers were dictating the terms not them

As a side note, a couple of observations:
  • This is a National forum, but the TAFE's are not, and as can be seen a generalisation just does not work - all State's TAFE systems are different
  • The TAFE/RTO ASQA processes of today just CANNOT be compared to the TAFE/RTO processes of years long gone
  • If people are going to comment / criticise, they need to consider those 2 very important points
  • and yes there is still a lot of very passionate TAFE trainers out there with a passion to deliver the best possible training that we can in a system that is not always perfect (training packages for example)

Last edited by Trevor 57; 17-07-2020 at 12:57 PM.
Trevor 57 is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: