View Single Post
Old 31-07-2020, 08:51 AM   #1
PHATAL
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Default I miss the falcon

You know what? I really miss the Falcon.

For most of my life myself or my family have had a falcon at home or a derivative there of. They have been a big part of my life with my father drilling into me the love of the blue oval. It feels like a big section of my being is missing now that they are gone. I also really feel for my son. He is 8 years old and has never really even ridden in a Falcon. He wouldn't even know what one was. Being from the middle of nowhere I always enjoyed the once or twice a year trip to the big smoke where I would go Car Dealer visiting and check out the brand new FPVs etc sitting in the show room.

I always envisioned doing that with my son. Granted the Mustang is here now and I could go look at them with him but they just don't interest me like the Falcon did. I find them impractical really.

Currently I own a SZ Territory Titanium - whilst not a Falcon you could argue it was similar. Prior to that I owned an FPV RSPEC F6. We downgraded essentially to the Territory for starting the new family duties in the view that we would always get back into a performance type car afterwards. The Territory is a 2012 model so it isn't getting any younger but I really don't have a vehicle to go to after this. Yeah I could get something from the used market which I browse daily but the price of a second hand F6 or GT just stings when you are paying more now then they were brand new with the youngest ones being born in 2014 so they are already 6 years old at this point. I am just a bit lost in the car world without a clear direction to move to now. I always had the next model FPV to look forward to.

Finding a car with the room, 4 doors, luggage space and that also matches the performance level as the Falcon / FPV range is really difficult now. The 300C is probably about as close as you can get now and I have never really been a fan of those. Euro cars that are close in spec are ridiculously expensive (AMG E63s for example) and I will never buy a holden (can't now anyway). The next vehicle of any real interest to me at the moment is the Jeep Grand Cherokee. I don't mind the looks of them and they sound awesome with an exhaust. I was hoping to get back into a better handling car but I am kind of out of options. The TrackHawk would be epic but I would never have the cash for that. The SRT would probably be the go..... I guess....

Anyway rant / thoughts / emotions over. Thanks for reading....

XF Falcon S Update EFI - SOLD
EL2 XR8 - SOLD
BF F6 RSPEC #139 - SOLD
Now rocking the SZ Territory Titanium Petrol Family Beast
PHATAL is offline   Reply With Quote
28 users like this post: