Thread: chicken coop gt
View Single Post
Old 17-01-2008, 05:36 PM   #16
Bearman
Moderator Ford Coupe Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by XBROO
I was talking to a bloke that stop up to talk to the old guy that owns it. He is not interested in how much it's worth and is sick of rich bastards from the GT club going and offering stupid amounts of money for it and expecting him to jump at it. They will never get to buy it as he'll never sell it to them sort of people. The fella I was talking to talk to the old bloke for a few hours which the old bloke seemed to like. Not like the snobbs that try and offer big money and then ****off as soon as its declined. I wouldn't be surprized that the old bloke proberly sells it to somebody that took abit of time to talk to him and got to know him instead of waving money. You will proberly find out later that he'll sell it for much less then he has been offered because he's not interested in money, he would rather let go to somebody with a decent heart and not a moron from a GT club. :togo: :evil3:
Hmmm..... Interesting. He obviously sees these approaches offering big bucks as arrogant. Maybe this coupe has a lot of sentiment attached to it? I know it's a strange thought considering the condition its in but you never know. Maybe the car is a symbol or reminder of something that has happened to him or to someone close to him? If that's the case, being something deep within his psyche it'll be staying put!!

One can only hope the car will be saved and, importantly, with the current owners blessing!!

http://www.fordcoupeclub.org

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there" George Harrison 2001.
Bearman is offline   Reply With Quote