View Single Post
Old 26-02-2012, 02:56 AM   #821
Crazy Dazz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Whats stopping people from buying the Falcon?

Let’s not forget that the economy in many parts of Australia is still going down the shitter (or so I’m told) so people aren’t buying new or at least aren’t buying large.
Fleet buyers, who don’t care about performance, handling, etc, are now happy to buy Camrys instead.
Lack of Wagon variant is insane and loses even fleet sales to Commode or mid-sized wagons.
People are generally so brow-beaten by the global warming horseshit that they feel guilty for even being alive, and try to assuage that guilt by buying whatever they can be convinced is the Green alternative.
Ford got complacent in the 80’s and threw away market leadership with the EA. Then just when they had started to regain some credibility they foisted the AU on an unsuspecting public. Which they followed up with a succession of models that give Boring a bad name.
Those looking for an affordable V8 are either buying 2nd hand or deserting to the darkside.
Lastly, and this is probably only a minor one, but I can’t help suspecting that people are less inclined to part with a bundle of cash for something called a G6E. I’m a Ford nut, and I’m still not sure WTF that is?